Deferred Options for Non-Qualified Settlements
US Treasury Options
- TFSS-NQ™ – Periodic payments and/or lump sums (within 30 years)
- Deferred Income Annuities (DIA) – Payments starting after 12 months, guaranteed and lifetime payments, no underwriting
- Fixed Indexed Annuities (FIA) – Lump sums, lifetime or annuitization (period certain & life) with guarantee of principal and upside tied to an index (S&P 500 or similar)
- Settlements Plus™ – For the plaintiff looking for tax-deferral and market-based returns, who does not need the settlement proceeds to be guaranteed payments
- Fee Structure Plus® – For any contingency fee attorney looking for tax-deferral, market-based returns, and the ability to use their own financial advisor
Non-Qualified Assignment through Structured Assignments
- Structured Assignments, established in 2010 for the sole purpose of accepting non-qualified assignments of periodic payment obligations
- Domiciled and managed in Barbados to make use of the US- Barbados Tax Treaty to facilitate income and tax deferral.
- Banking and wire transfers handled by Royal Bank of Canada
- U.S. Tax Identification Number, FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) compliant and GIIN (Global Intermediary Identification Number)
- Defendant Cooperation Required with execution of Release, NQAR and funding.
For more information regarding deferred options for Non- Qualified Settlements, contact Milner Settlements today.
- A tax deferring tool used for cases that do not qualify under IRC Section 130 assignment
- Obligation of defendant (Assignor) is transferred to a third party (Assignee).
- Defendant is fully released from future periodic payment obligation
Non-Qualified Case Types:
- Contingent Attorney Fees
- Punitive Damages
- Employment Disputes (no wages)
- Breach of Contract
- Property Damage
- Pre-August 5, 1997 Workers’ Comp
- Long Term Disability
- Environmental Claims
- Construction Defect
- Sexual Harassment
- Other non-physical injuries
Sage Settlement Consulting, LLC and its affiliates (collectively, “Sage”) does not provide advice or services related to the purchasing of, selling of, or investing in securities or other financial instruments. Any discussion of securities contained herein is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, as advice related to the purchasing of, selling of, or investing in securities or other financial instruments. Sage does not provide legal, tax, or accounting advice or services. Any discussion of legal or tax matters contained herein is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, as legal advice or for avoiding any penalties that may be imposed under Federal tax laws.